Safety Features of the 300 Missile:
- FAA Certified - The Mooney M20J is a certified four place airplane which meets all the FAA standards of a production airplane. Also the 300 Missile conversion is certified with an STC from the FAA which meets all the same standards as the original certified airplane.
- High Performance Takeoffs - The 300 Missile takes off in 2/3 the distance of the original manufactured airplane and climbs at over 1,500 ft/min (minimizing critical takeoff problems).
- 9 G Stress Tested Engine Mount - A new eight point engine mount is designed for the extra thrust and weight of the IO-550 engine.
- Feathering Propeller - To increase the glide ratio and assure at least the book figures in case of an emergency, a full feathering propeller from Hartzell is added to achieve up to a 16:1 glide ratio (making an emergency landing at the original airport possible up to 60 miles enroute).
- Dual Batteries - Two 35 amp batteries are added to balance the CG, and in addition, will double the amperage capacity of the system for starting power and emergency backup power.
- High Climb Rates - With climb rates of 1,500 fpm at sea level, 1,000 fpm at 10,000 ft and 500 fpm at 15,000 ft, the 300 Missile provides the ability to get over weather and to pass quickly over mountainous terrain.